Friday, June 15, 2012

cats and dogs

Verdict for today: Hectic! 
(Though I am sure to repeat myself in days to come for the remaining 6 weeks)

So.... Everybody got up by 6am. George woke me up by throwing a pillow onto my face (!!!) - which to be fair is proven to work.

We drove down south to the end of the island for an hour and a half, past Fresh Creek to Cargill Creek. Since I was the designated driver I get to be in control of my (beloved) iPod in order to 'focus' in avoiding the crazy some-knee-deep potholes. Actually, more of so I can sing along awfully (to deafen my poor passengers ha ha). 

Details will be posted next time as it is now 11:11pm and I am on the bed slowly drifting to dreamland. 

What I can tell you is we got back by 8ish pm, made dinner, did some work before crashing into our respective bedrooms by 10! (almost onto the bed with our field clothes to be honest!).

Anyway... The event of the day was when it finally RAINED.  It was 5pm sharp and I remembered Katie told me to pull over. And we immediately parked by the roadside - took out the GPS, tarp, rain sheet, bucket, beaker, sampling bottle, alkalinity bottles, probes and multi-parameters in an instance!

Mike was just very ecstatic to be drenched under the rain, after the crazy work out in the hot weather the whole day that (Katie suspected was) could have given Mike a slight heatstroke.
The rain was done sampled and measured, and Katie couldn't be happier, she quickly resorted to dancing in the middle of the road! -_-

One of the route when we went borehole-hunting. Very densed jungle indeed. Now this does make me miss home (Malaysia) 
=(


No comments:

Post a Comment