Friday, June 22, 2012

ALL GO!

So its been all go here for the past few days.  Miles and Fiona arrived in the Bahamas on Monday night and I joined them for a meeting on Tuesday morning.  We raced around Nassau trying to get our additional equipment to the mail boat but due to the amazing amount of traffic it took us forever and me and Fiona missed our flight...Oh well!

We ended up having a late lunch at a harbour side cafe where Fiona learnt how to crack conch (more to come on this at another time!) and then for our afternoon off we took a photo log of a new road cutting.  I was not dressed for such a task but struggled on regardless (because I love the rocks...).  After spending the night we touched down on Andros and I am not sure we have stopped since (right now I we are waiting for the guys to return so we can have dinner).

We have had tonnes and tonnes of rain which has made me very happy (and wet) as its good to sample the hydrological input into the system.  The geologists have been mapping some rock (I will leave them to talk about it in more detail).

Its calmed down today and tomorrow we are....wait for it.....having a day off! Well, a kind of day off.  We are all heading to Joulters Cay which is a very special and amazing place for carbonate people as it is oolitic sand and was only formed 1000 years ago (very early in geological time).

SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment